LET A LITTLE MONKEY HELP YOU?
Most of us only keep a handful of bookmarks even though we navigate hundreds of sites every day.
Then when we need that same information we prefer to search Google...why?
Because bookmarks are cumbersome!
We treat files or folders on our computers differently too, but it's all just information.
Think of the productivity that is lost because this information is not at your fingertips...Introducing Link-Monkey!
Life's better when the right information is easy to find
BOOKMARKS ARE BACK!
(And this time it's serious)
How many bookmarks do you have? Would you use more bookmarks if it were easier?... Whether it's a link on the web or a folder on your computer, Link-Monkey will remember it for you.
Link-Monkey will suggest tags for you (or tag your links yourself), then you add notes (and set playback start times for YouTube videos)...
And later on, the fast and smart search will find what you want in an instant.
If you have YouTube or Vimeo links, the movies are shown embedded inside Link-Monkey. The same applies to GitHub Gists or diagrams from WebSequenceDiagrams.com
WHERE'S THAT EMAIL?
How many times have you received an email that you know is important, but you don't know how to file it (or if you will know the right words to use to search for it later on). Link-Monkey will remember that email for you and you can select all the words which you might later use when searching for it.
CODE AT THE READY
The modern developer's job is about constantly context switching and knowing where to look. Code Snippets will allow you to refer to your own preferred knowledge base. (Link-Monkey is not just for Developers by the way - it's for anyone with a computer)
GREAT FOR YOUR WORK-PLACE
Link-Monkey doesn't send any data to the cloud or any external servers. It can also be configured to work from a network share. This makes it perfect for the workplace. Employers can read more about the benefits of using Link-Monkey at work here
ANATOMY OF THE LINK-MONKEY HOMEPAGE
- Link-Monkey logo: click this on any page to get back to the homepage. Hold and drag this image onto your browser's toolbar to create your bookmarklet (we explain this in more detail when you've installed Link-Monkey)
- Search Bar: type your search words in here and hit the 'Search' button to see your results. The search will match partial words (so typing 'wiki unic' will match your previous bookmarked Wikipedia entry on 'Unicorns' for instance).
- Your Tags: click on a tag to see all links for that tag. You will have decided the tags for each link as you saved them.
- Links: on the homepage you will see the last saved or edited links at the top just so that you know they were saved. When you search (via the search bar or by clicking a tag), links for those results will appear here.
HOW TO ADD LINKS
- When you are on a site you like, click the Add-To-Link-Monkey bookmarklet that you will create during the setup' (it's shown in the browser toolbar in the image on the left).
- Optionally add or edit the tags that are presented to you. You can also add notes (and for YouTube videos, specify a playback time)
- Hit save and your are done and return back to the site you were viewing.
It's as simple as that!Read about Local Folders
As we store more information on our computers, so our filing systems become more complex (this is especially true of the work-place). Give Link-Monkey a local folder and it will remember it. Search for the folder later on and Link-Monkey will open that folder up for you too.
Say goodbye to navigating through long and complex folder structures.Download 7 Day Trial
Your data is never sent to the cloud or any external servers